Saturday 15 March 2014

Nice Email from Canada


Saturday March 15th. Today my friend Paolo Griffin from Toronto wrote such a nice facebook message about last nights Canada debut to me, Henri Sokka and Roope Mäenpää so I want to share it with you!

From Paolo Griffin 15/03/2014 07:32

Hi guys!!!! I'm very pleased to say that the concert sold out. Even more so, we had to go looking for more chairs. It went very very well. The only bad part was, that Henri, your piece, the performers had asked for a conductor simply to beat time, which was easy, and was going well, since they knew their parts, however the conductor bowed out 5 hours before the concert, which meant I had to conduct, and I never have before.  It turned out ok, but I am very sorry about the problems there Henri, and any and all imperfections in the piece I take responsibility for. That being said, despite that, your piece was incredibly well received. All three of your works got partially standing applause.

Anyway, I am very happy with how it went. Good performers, a good turnout and we actually found karelian pie and salmiakki in the city to serve as snacks! 
I will be doing more of these concerts in the future, and would still very much like to programmer your works.

Cheers

Paolo

No comments:

Post a Comment