Monday 24 March 2014

Concert Producing on the Train


Monday the 24th of March. I slept about 2 hours, got up for work (making fake tattoos for children), packed all my belongings and tax-free shopping, put my mascot suite into the laundry, said goodbye to Nonna, ate lunch on board and ran off for the 12.06 train to Tampere.

All the train ride I was loading down the CV:s of all the composers in the Korvat Auki Tampere concert next Wednesday, calling them and asking if they want me to add their soundcloud addresses… And then at Riihimäki (not even half way) the train broke down! And the conductor said we have 2 mins time to change to the slower local train which was just at Riihimäki station… So I ran with all my belongings (a backpack, 2 enormous plastic bags and a handbag) to the next train, which unfortunately was very very full and didn’t either have Internet. Luckily I had brought my own Internet, and managed to get the whole programme ready and sent on for correction and after that sent on to Tampere Biennales graphic designer Manu Alakarhu. (I just love it when the train company charges almost full prize (19 euro for students) for a train that brakes down and makes you change to the slower train (worth 13 euro) without ever giving back any change…  And these kind of things happen all the time to the train company!)

Finally got to Tampere at half past two. As the program was done, I decided to have a free afternoon. I went for a walk with my composer friend Matilda Seppälä and discussed her new orchestra piece, went for lunch and then went for a short walk with my cellist friend Bella. I was so exhausted that I went to bed at 7.30 PM!

No comments:

Post a Comment