Tuesday 6 May 2014

Rehearsals and an Important Call

Yesterday we had a second rehearsal with my quintet “Flying high” for my upcoming concert 14th of May. In the evening I went and listened to the chamber choir Näsin Ääni rehears my music as well. But it was so strange, the choir was yesterday evening very different compared to what it is like normaly, somehow it seemed to be harder than usual for the choir to keep in tune and other weird stuff like that. But maybe the “long break” (as they didn’t rehears last Wednesday, because it was Vappu eve) was present in yesterday’s rehearsal.

The chamber choir Näsin Ääni
practising for my concert.
© Cecilia Damström
The chamber choir Näsin Ääni
practising for my concert.
© Cecilia Damström 
The chamber choir Näsin Ääni
practising for my concert.
© Cecilia Damström
The chamber choir Näsin Ääni conducted by Markus Yli-Jokipii,
practising for my concert. © Cecilia Damström

Today I had piano class with my teacher Risto Kyrö and after my class Harri Hautala, the main music critique from the local paper Aamulehti called me and asked if I could come for an interview tomorrow! I’m so excited! Hopefully the interview will help to get a larger audience to my concert, which would be really nice! (The concert is for free, so I don’t hope to get more money, I just hope people will come and listen to my great music and maybe my music will touch someone, that’s all I’m asking for!)

In the afternoon I had my piano student and the rest of the evening I was working on my thesis, because I should be handing in a preliminary version to my teacher tomorrow and the deadline is on Friday the 9th of May!


Oh yes I got an other nice email: I was also accepted for masters in composition at the University of Gothenburg as well! Now I’m considering which option to go with, but at the moment Malmö still feels a bit closer to my heart, simply due to intuition and how at home I felt in the city.  Some cities simply immediately feel like home and others just never will feel like a place for you and I know that very well by now, so I think I will trust my intuition.

No comments:

Post a Comment