Sunday 20 April 2014

Happy Easter!


Easter Sunday, 20th of April. Last night I went to the Easter Vigil (Midnight mass), which is my favorite mass of the whole year and which also is the most important mass of the whole year, the night when Jesus resurrected. I like the Gregorian chants we sing in the mass. Most of all I love the wonderful candle light happening. The lights are all turned off and then the entire flame spreads from candle to candle to the whole parish and so the whole room gets lit up by all the candles! Before we used to stand in the candle lit church for a very long time, but for some reason (maybe safety reasons?) we nowadays just stand a little while in darkness before the electrical lights are all switched on (which is a pitty).

The Easter Vigil 2014 at Saint Marys church in Helsinki. © C.Damström

The Easter Vigil 2014 at Saint Marys church in Helsinki. © C.Damström


This morning I also went to the main mass and after that we had dinner with my mother and father and it was really nice. Due to childhood traditions my mother had hid easter eggs around the living room, this time real (boilt) eggs though. Although I’m 25 I still enjoy the easter egg hunt! The rest of the day was less interesting, writing my thesis once again.


Writing my thesis in the sun on the balcony at my parents place

No comments:

Post a Comment