Saturday 21 June 2014

Midsummer Eve


After the 17h travel, finally getting home and having some warm food and a good night rest, it was already Friday the 21st of June, so midsummer’s eve. Midsummer is quite big in Finland, but every once celebrates it at their summer cottages, so there are “many small parties in the middle of nowhere” to put it frankly.

This year my family (and I) were invited to our friends midsummer party quite close to our summer cottage, so we went there by boat. (It rained and the waves splashed all the way so my eye make up had smeared it self all over my face and my “curls” all gone by the time we arrived…) We had a great dinner including salmon and mustard herring, “new potatoes” and ice cream with strawberries for dessert, Finnish summer delicatessen. My sister and I of course also performed some (pop) songs for the happy guests, and at 1 AM we drove home to a beautiful sunset.

Finnish New Potatoes, Midsummer 2014. © C.Damström
Not my plate but anyway; midsummer dinner 2014. © C.Damström
Strawberries and ice-cream for desert. Midsummer 2014. © C.Damström
Someone hoping on leftovers...
Midsummer 2014. © C.Damström
My sister Jacintha Damström and her friend Linda juggling while the neighbor dog watched.
Midsummer 21 June 2014. Photo © Cecilia Damström

Midsummer eve 21st June 2014. Photo © Cecilia Damström

Midsummer eve 21st June 2014. Photo © Cecilia Damström

Midsummer eve 21st June 2014. Photo © Cecilia Damström

Midsummer eve 21st June 2014. Photo © Cecilia Damström

No comments:

Post a Comment