Friday 8 November 2019

World premiere of "Requiem for our Earth" by Lyran

WHAT AN EVENING!
Yesterday my 30 minute piece "Requiem for our Earth" got its world premiere by Akademiska Damkören Lyran conducted by Jutta Seppinen, and what a world premiere it was! I had been stressed about this piece for ages because I definitely had gone way beyond my comfort zone: electronics, lights, moving choir, a new video projection by Marek Waldemar Pluciennik - so many things that potentially could go wrong - and everything went simply PERFECTLY! So happy and grateful to have the privilege to compose such a large scale work and get it performed by amazing performers to a sold out venue! THANK YOU TO EVERYONE!

And getting so wonderful reviews by both HS – Helsingin Sanomat and Hbl - Hufvudstadsbladet makes me feel even more flabbergasted! "The highlight of the metropolitan area's concert season" Susanna Välimäki wrote and Wilhelm Kvist's heartwarming words "My instant impression is that the piece is the most important thing I have seen in a long time"!
THANK YOU!🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩 

No comments:

Post a Comment